NCS Tax Credit Donation

Creation

I've started a class at our Wednesday night at church while the kids attend Awanas, wash over in the word, refresh their love for Jesus through play, song, and crafts.  I felt called to chose the class, there were many to chose from, about creation.  Unintentionally but rather because I felt led I choose this class and then realized I had it on the schedule to teach my children about creation in March.  

I've printed coloring pages, mini books, word graphs to learn the Word, and am preparing to teach them the single most foundational element to believe God is truly God.  Creation seems to be a familiar topic to me, but within the first ten minutes of the class I realized I, myself have so much more to learn about creation, the Bible's literal and authentic account of creation and what it means with regards to the evolutionary argument. I knew I was underdeveloped in my ability to assert creation vs. evolution (not that I didn't believe in Creation but the arguments get thick and I rest only on my faith rather than facts as I have not been taught nor sought such rich information).  I quickly realized the information is available.  God has instilled the hunger in me to now get that information. To prepare myself to defend the Bible and my faith concerning this matter and then to teach my children.  

I was the subject of Government education myself. I experienced many years of evolution sneaking its way into the education I was receiving, even in areas not specifically meant to teach evolution but where one must believe in evolution to some degree as a foundation for the teaching itself. Evolution is an assumption that is made in Government Education as truth.  Even though the evidence, both scientific and biblical evidence,  shows Evolution cannot be truth. 

The wonderful man that is leading our Creation class stated during the discussion how entrenched in evolution public and often private education has become. Even the Old Earth theory among creationists exists within private schools and homeschool material.  The idea that when God inspired scripture and he used the word day loosely as to express what could be thousands if not millions of years leads some creationists to believe in an Old Earth theory.  This helps them explain how dinosaurs roamed the earth, died a great catastrophic death and the layers of sediments fossilized the bones.  This allows for them to consider the changes in the land structure and phases man seemingly went through as we evolved into a more civilized people.  All the while they can hold on to a Creationist perspective, allowing God to be the creator, and all that Genesis speaks of to be true.  But in fact they are not properly interpreting scripture.  They have distorted God's inspired text as He uses the Hebrew word "YOM" to describe a day which in Hebrew only refers to 1 single day.  This is not an accident.  God created the earth and all that is within in 6 literal days. 

The trouble lies here: If one decides they believe in an Old Earth theory or evolution itself they undermine the truth of God's word.  From the very beginning of God's Holy Bible they have doubted, changed, and misunderstood God's word. This undermines the very nature and truth of it.  This opens the door of false interpretation and allows those seeking to find a Holy, Perfect, Flawless God who existed outside of time, with no beginning and no end to doubt His very nature.  If you can't believe Genesis, what can you believe?

You can go to www.answeresingenesis.org to find more information concerning this topic. There they have posted hundreds of videos, articles, and more to assert the truth of Genesis and how it affects the rest of the scripture.  It is foundational to believe in a God who created Earth and all its creatures in 6 days.  A NEW EARTH theory.  

Answers in Genesis states the following: 
AiG is made up of Christians who unite to defend the authority of the Bible in today’s secular culture. And that is what we are “on about”—the authority of the Bible, often in Genesis—a foundational book, but also other places (like the gospel message of the New Testament).
For example, the secular world has been teaching that the earth is billions of years old. The Bible, based on genealogies recorded throughout the Scriptures and the context of the Hebrew word yom (day) in Genesis 1, reveal that the earth is thousands of years old. So, this question becomes a biblical authority issue. Is one going to trust a perfect God who created all things (Genesis 1:1), has always been there (Revelation 22:13), knows all things (Colossians 2:1–3), and cannot lie (Hebrews 6:18), or trust imperfect and fallible humankind who was not there and speculates on the past?
Also, take note that many of these issues ultimately overlap with worldview issues (biblical Christianity vs. secular humanism in this instance). Of course, this subject also gets into the character of Jesus Christ and His deity and, hence, the gospel.
You can read a sample discussion with an Evolutionist and the necessity to consider presuppositions here.

This is just the beginning of what I believe will be life altering, faith moving information for our family in regards to evolution vs. creation.  For the time being, while my children are small we will focus on teaching them Creation, New Earth Theory to set a firm foundation for their faith.  Strengthening their belief in a creator God who is true from beginning to end. 

I've always known the creation account to be true but I'm excited to be better equipped to explain, defend, and proclaim the inherency of Genesis and its support of a NEW EARTH model!  Along with the excitement that stirs concerning learning about Creation is also the reminder that we will never, God willing, send our children to a Government Run Educational facility to be thwarted, confused, and lied to about our Earth and the Bible's account for creation.  We are committed to not undermining scripture at all costs!

It is our prayer that we will always be able to and successfully homeschool our children with the truth!



1 comment:

Paul Pavao said...

Hmm ... so hard to know even whether to leave you a comment.

May God bless your searching. I did mine in an atmosphere of hearing arguments from both sides. The young earth arguments are very convincing if you never hear the other side. When you do, however, and you find out just how much creation "evidence" is invented or misrepresented by supposed Christians, it's very discouraging.

I don't think the problem is our lack of belief in a literal Bible. I think the problem is modern Christianity's lack of trust in God himself. We need God to be a certain way (such as a literal Genesis) to shore up our belief, rather than having such a rich experience of the fellowship and power of God that we can look at truth without being afraid that the Gospel will collapse if Genesis isn't literal.

It wasn't evolution that caused Christians to question the literalness of Genesis 1. Christians have been questioning it from the beginning because of things like there being plants before a sun and because of the mythical elements in the Eden story.