NCS Tax Credit Donation

Just One of the Boys

My sweet little girl doesn't bat an eye at being the only sweet girl in this crazy family of boys.  She wakes each day asking for them, "where brothers?" and spends the rest of the day either fending them off or joining into their play.

She makes her stand when it comes to sharing and toys and never wants to be left out.  Since the turn of the year I've seen her language explode and her ability to express herself growing.  She is potty training herself, practically, and never lets you forget she can do it and it is her turn, "my turn, I do it".  She can explain just about anything to you or express what she wants or is looking for. When she struggles she clearly says, "Show me" which means come with me and either show me what you mean or let me show you what I mean! She is funny.

She is helpful, joyful, LOUD, and happy.  She loves her belly button and mine for that matter and never fails to have her finger in her mouth when she isn't talking or laughing.  She laughs like the boys, talks like the boys, finds the same things funny as the boys, and LOVES the boys.

Lately she has been sleeping in the bunk beds with the boys.  I wondered how it would go the first time, thinking "oh no, here we go she is going to be up in seconds".  It only took one time of telling her to stay in bed and she stayed for the whole night until the morning.  Now....it is her spot to sleep.  I think she won't ever go back to her bed (although the other night she just couldn't calm down and she did sleep in her bed by choice but I don't think she'll be doing that very much).  The boys LOVE it too and don't mind having her at all. In fact, even tonight they let her sleep with both of them. 3 in ONE BED.

Usually Cole and Trace sleep in one bed and Brynn and Brody have been on the bottom.  Tonight Brynn cried wanting to sleep with Trace and Brody did too, so all 3 in ONE BED!  Cole moved to the bottom and gets a night to stretch out and be comfy not squished. He actually wasn't really happy about it. He wanted a buddy.

I LOVE that my children LOVE each other.  It is the BEST part of it all.







No comments: