I wanted to give a little shout out to Once A Month Mom. I've admitted in the past I'm not a good meal planner and often get overwhelmed at the thought of cooking something while the kids are at my feet. I usually wait until the last minute, throw something together, and HOPE for the best!
After looking at Once A Month Mom and then actually taking a day and cooking with some girl friends, I definitely think this is the way to go, for me!
Once A Month Mom does all the hard work, essentially, for you. She puts together the recipe cards, labels, directions, shopping list, etc. All you have to do is do it! Some meals don't require cooking on the BIG DAY, as they call it. But, most you prepare and freeze until you are ready to use them.
Some friend of mine from HS got together and buddied up into pairs. We chose five meals and spent the morning and only some of the afternoon preparing the food and freezing it. So far, most of the meals have been good. I'm excited to try the rest once things get back to normal around here (we went up to Flagstaff for four days!).
It is definitely trial and error and I know I'm not going to do get everything right the first time, try as I may. But, just having things to throw in the oven and/or reheat that are home cooked, healthy, and serve us all is a big WIN!!!
So, this next month, I hope to include Justin in the process. He's agreed to hang with me for the day and help me prepare the food menu. I have to pick my meals, do my shopping and be ready, and then get a sitter. We then get to spend some time together just cooking food! I'm excited.
Here are the meals we've chosen so far: (9)
Pita Pizzas
Smoked Sausage Mac and Cheese
Bacon Cheeseburger Chicken
Ranch Chicken Parmesean
Potato Cheese Soup
Ranchero Chicken over Over Rice
Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken
Sweet Potato Wraps
Pizza Casserole
I think I need about 4-5 more and I'll be good to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment