We started in September and things have been moving right along. The kids have good days and bad but that is normal, I think!
We have done lots of projects, cutting, gluing, painting, tracing, coloring, reading, science lessons, watching You Tube videos about the human body, space, earth, and creation.
I've learned a whole lot about myself through this process as well as gained so much insight into my children. They are all so precious, unique, challenging, and amazing.
I treasure the time I get with them as we learn about God's design of the world, the body, reading, math, and tie everything together through His word. We have explored Egypt, talked about Pharaoh's, Hieroglyphics, Mummies, Myths, Legends, The Nile River, the Earth's layers, Space, Galaxies, Creation of the Earth, Pananea, the Flood, Moses. the Plagues, Mt. Sinai, Tectonics, Adam's sin, and so much more. We have traveled through the body learning about bones, muscles, the Central Nervous System, the Brain, Hands and Feet, Cells, Tissues, Systems and more.
We have taken a few field trips, one in particular to the Body exhibit at the State Fair. That was so neat for the kids to truly see up front everything we'd been discussing these past few weeks. They quickly moved from body to body telling me about all the things they knew.
I love the flexibility homeschooling offers us. We can easily do activities during the day and school later in the afternoon or take the day off completely.
In order to properly prepare the lessons for each month, we've been taking the first week of each month off of school. we recover, recoup, prepare, see our friends, etc. It has worked out in a lovely way.
The daily schedule seems so full between the chiro twice each week, soccer on Wednesdays, PE on Fridays, Tutoring sometimes twice each week, Karate for the twins and gymnastics for Cole...whew, we sure do get to do a lot of things.
Now that the holidays are passing quickly, with Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas on the horizon schooling will begin to take a back seat, other than our daily reading, spelling, and math whenever we can fit it in.
We basically have two weeks of schooling before Christmas to finish talking about Abraham and Sarah, the Tabernacle and fit in a couple more science lessons as well as talking about sentence structure. Then, Christmas break, which for us will last through January (except the daily reading and writing etc.).
The part I love the most so far...being with them. Having them close to me. Talking with them, holding them, laughing with them, them having time together as siblings. Way more time together than if I was sending them off to school each day. I would miss my crazy monkeys, that I know for sure.
It may not always go as planned and we may not get through all the material exactly like we imagined we would. But, we are building hearts for Jesus, training up warriors, playing and having fun.
I can't pass that up.
No comments:
Post a Comment