NCS Tax Credit Donation

What Would Winter Be Without Some Snow?

My mom's church brought in a ton of snow from Flagstaff for a fun night of hot cocoa and cookies, pictures with Santa (which we don't indulge being a real thing but allow the kids to have fun with the idea and spirit of Santa) and a carriage ride topped off with some snowballs and a little bit of sledding.

The kids thought it was a great time and weren't ready to leave after almost 2 hours. They could have thrown snow balls forever. Too funny. Last year we went to the same event and they didn't care at all about throwing snow balls. Funny how time changes them and we only see glimpses of it while we hold them so close to us.

They really are growing too fast. I feel like I blinked and I suddenly had five children and they aren't little any more, they are big. 2012 is about to bring birthdays in which my little ones turn yet another year older I can't freeze time.

My sweet Brynnie girl is turning 3, 3...She's so stinkin' cute and sassy. Our family just wouldn't be the same without her special little self.

The Twins turn 5 shortly after the new year...5. What? 5 is like an age I once thought would take so long to come. When Cole was little 5 seemed like so far away. Now 3 of five kiddos will be over 5 years old. It's truly crazy. They, or course, are so excited about turning 5. They think it holds a special power in the world. It's too cute.

So, I will cherish the nights like this night, where their sweet innocence allows them to just enjoy the moment and appreciate the experience. That sparkle in their eye is what makes all the hard work worth it.












No comments: