I remember growing up how much I LOVED playing in the rain. Even up into high school when the rain would come in the summer all the kids in the neighborhood would be out in the cul-de-sac splashing in the gutters.
Today the rain started early, so I opened the front door and the boys and I went out front to play in the rain. The two little ones were at the neighbors house playing and the baby napping, so I was able to get some cute pics of the kids in the rain.
When I went away to CA for my first year of College I had come back for the weekend to visit. The smell of the Arizona rain was so comforting and wonderful to me. It doesn't smell the same in California, or at least it didn't to me. It had the smell of ocean mixed in. The smell of the rain here is something my brain has totally associated with home. I hope my kids have the same feeling some day!
No comments:
Post a Comment