NCS Tax Credit Donation

Letter to Cole

Well Buddy it's another year down and now you are 9. Halfway through growing up in our home and on your way to being a young man.  I can't hardly believe it (I know I say that all the time, it's a mom thing.) It's true though, time seems to fly and now I've blinked and you're a 9 year old cutie pie.  Can I still call you that or does it embarrass you? I think you don't mind really...You're sweet that way, still full of hugs and kisses and snuggles for your dad and I. How'd we get so lucky.

Growing up is hard...emotions, expectations, correction, limits, trust, responsibility, and so much more. Especially being the oldest of 6.  Whoa...I never had to do that.  I really can't tell you I relate.  What I do know is God made you to be the oldest in this crazy family.  He called you and appointed you to this role and place in our family.  Both to sharpen you and give you special leadership role.  It can be both hard and a beautiful think to watch.

You often selflessly love your siblings, sacrificing for them, giving them your time and attention when you'd probably rather be doing something else.  I catch glimpses of God's amazing love and servant-hood at time when I watch you. Of course, as with anyone, those moments can also be clouded with bickering, selfishness, and competition between you and them, but as we are fleshly beings your dad and I understand that.  That is what we are here for...to guide you and show you the way.  I suppose the most important thing is that we do that and that you, my son, listen and grow when you can.

The mark of a great leader is the ability to see where change needs to happen, take action to make those changes and celebrate God's mercy and love for you as you do so! Not perfection but growth.  Not perfection but change. Not perfection but effort, love, grace, and humility.

You're a pretty incredible little guy...well not so little anymore.  You wow me so often and humble me too. I pray fervently that the next 9 years are full of as much adventure and fun as these past 9 years have been and I pray God protects your heart and eyes, shows you His way, and that you choose Him above all things.

I'm going to blink and you'll be grown.  My influence on your life will become small as your forge your own way. So, while we travel the road together I hope we can grow you into a responsible, hard working, loving, kind, servant leader who walks on God's path.  I admit, I don't fully know how to do that.  I will make mistakes and for that I'm sorry. But, I love you and we serve a good God.  He is faithful to us as we pray and knows what we need before we utter it.  Let's be praying together for your future.  I know God has good things for you, even if sometimes the path seems rocky.

I Love You Cole.  With all I am! I'm proud to be your mom.

Love,
Mom


No comments: