Easter snuck up on me this year. The twins turned 1 and suddently it was Easter...I wasn't ready for another celebration so quickly! Although of all the celebrations to have this would be the ONE! As our children get older Justin and I discuss what events, activities, and little things we want to establish as traditions in our home. I absolutely love the idea of traditions. I believe that it is the traditions that create the basic skeleton of memories children carry with them. Although all the things we share with them build their character and help them grow it is the things we make constant and reliable that they will remember and hopefully treasure. So, as Easter came this year we tried to nail down what we wanted to do to celebrate the most significant day for us as Christians. The birth of Christ is a fullfillment of prophecy, a miracle, the beginning of God putting to action the promise of provided a savior for mankind. His death bittersweet as we see God's Son take the burden of our sin onto himself that we might have fellowship with God. It is also a fullfillment of many prophecies, an example of the depth of God's love for us and the ultimate sacrafice made by His will and desire (John 10:11). It was designed to satisfy through victory and not to ruin through surrender. The most significant is The Resurrection of Christ----In 1 Corinthians 15 St. Paul reasoned, "If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith...In the resurrection of Jesus Christ we see the clear demonstration of the power of the true God. Ephesians 1:19-21. The resurrection proves that Jesus Christ is God. Romans 1:4. Our salvation depends on our faith in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. In Romans 10:9The resurrection of Jesus Christ demonstrates to us that all the teachings of Jesus Christ are true. John 6:40. The resurrection of Jesus Christ secured our justification. Romans 4:25. Our own resurrection depends completely on the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I Thess. 4:14The power for our Christian life in the present is the power of his resurrection. Romans 6:4. The resurrection of Jesus Christ demonstrates that this Jesus Christ is going to be the appointed judge of all the wicked people in the world. Acts 17:31, John 5:22.
We had a blast this Easter...I think by Sunday Cole had pretty much had it with Egg Hunts. They tried to do one at church and he was less than half impressed! I'm excited for next year...
2 comments:
your boys look adorable all matching!
You are such great parents. I loved everything you wrote and the cute pictures!
Post a Comment