Okay so my friend Lisa is amazing at writing down the cute, funny and awesome things her kids say. So, I'm going to try and do the same.
Cole
The other day he grabbed Trace's hands and started to sway back and forth (dancing like on Sleeping Beauty) and he said, "There, now we are married." Within seconds he said, "okay, that is enough, I don't want to marry anymore."
In reference to Emilie Santillian (the relative of Justin's he met over July 4th that he decided he loved b/c he saw her pretty face) he said, "mom, remember the girl in the rainbow shirt? I love her so, so, so much. She's my girl."
When saying our prayers at night Justin has been incorporating the things that Cole loves the most in life such as being a knight. So Cole now prays, "Lord let Coley be strong and brave like a knight." then I say, "also kind and loving like a knight", and Cole says, "Yeah, but Strong and brave too mom."
When looking at Brynn Cole loves to make her smile and laugh. So in the car he sits next to her and I hear him say, "hey you little, pretty, silly girlie, I love you!". Precious!
Cole loves to say to me:
"Here is the plan mom"...(then he lists what he would like to do for the day and in a specific order) he then says, "we have lots of things on the plan."
"That's not the plan mom."
"You don't understand"
"Usually I like to be a knight" (he used the word Usually for the first time the other day. I laughed out loud).
"I love Brody, Tracer, Mommy, Justin, Grammy, Pappa and Brynn...is that it?"
Sleeping at night is called a long NAP!
He likes to hold onto this pink "woobie" I told him was mine when one of the boys confiscated his stuffed monkey. He doesn't care that it is pink!
Brody and Trace although speaking less than Cole and in broken phrases often times are starting to really knock talking out of the park! I love it. We got rid of the binkies several weeks ago, we "gave them to the babies" and they totally did great with it.
So now one will ask about the binkie and the other will say, "no, its with the babies". Usually Trace asks and Brody informs!
If one wakes up from a nap before the other and comes out they always ask where the other one is. Brody says, "Where's Tracer?" Trace says, "Where's Bobby?"
Then one might call out, "Bobby/Tracer where are you?". They are always concerned about being with the other.
When it is time to clean up toys they always sing, usually in unison, "Kean Up, Kean Up" then hum the middle part.
Trace just started saying without prompting, "I wuv ooh" to either grammy or myself.
The other day Justin was out of town for 2 says and Trace randomly says, "I wuv daddy". Then Brody says, "No, I wuv daddy." I said, you both love daddy don't you? to which they responded, "Yep".
If the boys get into trouble Cole always comes to their defense with me and says, "Don't put my brothers in timeout mom." To which I then have to explain that they were naughty. He then understands and often says to whichever one of them is in trouble, "You were naughty, sorry."
My mental bank is running low I guess that is enough now. Hopefully I can remember a few more and take time to make a better note of it all. I have kept a journal until recently for Cole as his language increased. I've got some really funny stuff from about a year ago. But I need to be better about it now too.
1 last one: Tonight Justin and I were putting the boys to bed. Brody remembered that Cole was with Grammy at Vacation Bible School. So he says, "I want Jesus". Justin says, "I will tell you about Jesus". Brody beams, "Okay" with a little giggle. Justin says "what did Jesus make?" Brody says, "Candy, gum, red and blue." Trace says, "yeah, blue. I want Candy." I say, "what else did Jesus make?" Brody says, "animals". I say, "why did Jesus die Brody?" He responds by saying, "Bears and Lions." Trace says, "Bears and Lions, Scary." Brody then says, "Jesus die in trees." Justin says, "Jesus died on a tree?" Brody states, "on a cross because he was sick." We then sing Jesus Loves me and The BIBLE which they love b/c Justin does this like Broadway dance to the song for them. We pray, bless them, and leave the door cracked.
It is precious and somewhere between the lions, bears, trees, and candy they are starting to know that Jesus is someone really important! That makes it all worth it!
1 comment:
Chels, his is awesome! I love how the boys were asking about Jesus, and you're so right- somewhere in the middle of it all, they're figuring out how important He is. SO cool!
Post a Comment