NCS Tax Credit Donation

Growing Kiddos

Well it is time to update on the kids again. They grow so, so fast. I know I say that every time but it is always true.
BRYNN---
Brynn is so amazing. She is 7 months old now and always pulling herself to a stand and crawling all over the place. The other day, just one week ago, I literally watched her go from the belly crawl to crawling on her knees. It took one day for her to master the art and although she, at times, reverts to the belly crawl, for the most part she is crawling on her knees. She is so quick to learn and copy. She loves playing alongside the boys. Often she frustrates them by messing with their castles and toys they've lined up but they are good to be gentle with her. She began saying "mamama". Not necessarily in reference to me but the sound is distinct. And when I say it she will copy it. She is so sweet and smiley. It is amazing what a true fit to our family she is. She brings something special we would have otherwise been missing. The boys still love her and always give kisses and hugs. It seems that her and Cole have the closest bond which is awesome since the other two boys have each other.

COLE---

What a big guy we have now. 4 has brought some awesome and challenging changes. I can see his mind growing and maturing each day. He knows so much and can figure things out so quickly. Along with this growth sometimes comes a little manipulation and trying to negotiate his will. Outside of the immediate moment it can be commical. In the moment is another story! He can write his name (for about 6 months now) and identify his brothers names. He is amazing at mazes, puzzles, patterns, and enjoys coloring and making things. He really got so much stronger as a swimmer this year which is great. He wears his emotions on his sleeve and always expresses himself. That is not a quality I want to change in him I just want his method of expression to be more appropriate at times. He is sweet and affectionate. If we let him, he would sleep in our bed everynight. He is understanding who Jesus is more and more and always wants to say prayers with Justin. I love that boy!

BRODY---

He is such a lovable, sweet and giving little guy. His language is amazing now and there are few things he can't say. His big blue eyes warm our hearts. He loves to be doing and would rather stay busy and play then watch a movie like the other two. He tends to make his own path. While the other two are in to knights and castles Brody prefers to be a pirate and wears his black dew rag and black cowboy boots daily and always carries his blue golf club (his golf). They are his passion. He can completely dress himself now and prefers to do it his own way. He is pretty much potty trained with the exception of trips in the care (long trips) and night time. He is such an encourager of others and takes joy in others successes. He recently learned to how to do the I Love You sign and often flashes it while saying, "I love you dad" randomnly. It is so wonderful.

TRACE---

He is the funny guy and such a lover. Trace loves knights and castles and his brown crocs. Like Brody's boots and dew rag, Trace always has his Stick Sword "tick tord" and his brown crocs. Just the other day he added a hat to his daily collection. He loves to make jokes and crack up always accompanied with a funny look from his eyes. He too can do the I Love You sign and several times each day flashes the sign and states his love for mommy or daddy or grammy. They are all so free with expression it is awesome. Along with Brody he too is mostly potty trained and dresses himself. He sleeps with his crocs on, or wants to, and has his sword next to him in bed. His precious little face and priceless smile always makes my day!

Watching them grow is amazing and I know time is fleeting. I don't do nearly as much as I should to take advantage of each day with them even though I try. I always think I could do so more. I don't ever want to feel rushed for each day to end b/c that day will not return. I want to, even when it is hard, cherish my time with them. With 3 boys and a 7 month old girl things around here are often a little chaotic, loud, crazy and I can often feel like I need them to take a 4 our nap. But I know that my house is joyful with their laughter and noise and I embrace all things involved with raising children. Including my personal short comings, meeting their needs, encouraging them to take the path of God's grace and love, and it reveals to me where I might, in my own life, need to grow in order to mother then better. I only pray God will continue to hold my hand in this most important calling in my life!



3 comments:

Charla and Jarom said...

Oh how fast they grow! It's amazing isn't it?!

Lisa said...

Your little ones are awesome. We so enjoy getting to come and play! There are always squeals of delight and excitement when I tell them we get to come over. :) I love your perspective on life, and embracing it, and knowing that each day that passes won't come back. And asking God to continue to hold your hand through this high calling in life- I'm with you! Love ,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Chelsea
Thanks for blogging so I can know a little about my great grand kids. Love you all.
Grandpa Hone