Here are just a few little things about the kids! I have to keep up or I will get really far behind.
Brynn--She is fully crawling now which is amazing. She is stronger every day pulling herself up, manipulating around furniture. She's so curious and confident. She is a total mommy's girl in case I haven't mentioned that before. She has been since she was born. I think that God knew we were expecting another boy and weren't truly prepared for what having a girl would bring. To be honest I felt a little detached from her through my pregnancy. I cherished her life inside of my womb and I loved her but I was just unsure. Well, let's just say she came out completely attached to me. She was created to be my most precious, sweet little girlie. My buddy. I love that girl so much. She warms my heart. She makes me smile. She brightens a room. She is amazing. When she wants to crawl really fast, she gets back down on her belly and scoots. She is so funny. She has developed a cry that is specific to wanting mommy. It is undeniable. Even my mom is like, "well, that is pretty clear. She wants mommy." The best part is that it is the worst little groan ever. You almost throw her at me b/c you want it to stop! She sucks her finger which I totally love. Right now at least. Each day I see her desire to be with the boys more. She is playing outside now on the patio (not the grass!) every time they go out. Thank goodness the weather is shifting b/c she wants to be outside getting dirty.
Brooks and Trace--They can say like a zillion words now. I just noticed that Trace isn't saying BoBy anymore in reference to Brody. He has grown up! They say I love you all the time. Give kisses freely and encourage one another in almost all things. They are pretty much fully potty trained--WHEW was that awesome. Trace does tend to pee more often than Brody on accident. He is resisting a little more but it is really coming along. Thank goodness. They have recently developed a passion for coloring and making pictures (scribbles really) but it is so cute. Brody loves PINK, Trace will take any color but prefers GREEN and Cole still owns the rights to BLUE. I think that is actually really fitting for them. Trace has been sleeping in his hat, crocs, and has his sword right next to him in bed. Brody loves his cowboy boots, pirate dew rag, and his golf club. They have each adopted sunglasses as their most recent accessory item. Brody's are grey and Traces are orange. They can't leave the house without them. They are still desperately in love with Daddy. He is the highlight of their day. They love to swim with him when he gets home and they prepare all day long for that moment! Those boys are so special.
Cole--He is such a unique and amazing little guy. I'm always amazed at how fast he is growing and understanding the world around him. I can see in him so many wonderful qualities. It is just that at this time they express themselves with an often challenging tone. He is methodical, planned, direct, emotional, sensitive, inquisitive, thinking ahead, a leader, friendly, loving, and snuggly! One minute he loves those brothers, plays with them, directs and engages their attention towards playing a game or a task. The next he is losing it b/c he is so emotional and transparent about his need to control. Sound familiar--I know it is JUSTIN. No just kidding it is ME! It is like looking in a mirror sometimes. I pray each day that God would find a way to help me direct his qualities in a way that would honor Him. God made Cole just the way he wanted him and I want to glorify God in the path that I lead him down. He pays attention to detail, he sees others and their needs, he notices the smallest little things. He remembers things in a way that I can't believe sometimes. He learns best through music and play. He has little interest in organized schooling or lessons. He lives in an imaginative state and loves to dream big! (That is like Justin, the dreaming big part!) He is motivated by affection and encouragement and doesn't handle correction with much ease. He is passionate.
We've been blessed with the fact that our children love one another and they love others. They love to play with friends and stay busy. They love to play with each other. The forgive easily when wronged and pay little attention to peoples differences. They love their sister with an inspiring love and affection. Who could ask for more!
1 comment:
WOW Chels! That is so awesome! Your kids are so sweet. We're so blessed to have you all in our lives! :)
Post a Comment