I think of Cole. My first born son. So. Much. Love. I praised God that instant he arrived from the bellows of my soul. He was my first, my SON. I remember looking long into his face, staring deep to try and hold tight to memories. It started then and I still do the same thing. I knew long ago snapping pictures was not only a joy but a necessity if I was going to remember, tattooed into my mind's eye, his precious face.
Each time I birthed another I thought of him, my first. They each came with their distinct personalities but all arriving with the same precious look of the first one. For a moment I could see him again, fresh and pink in my arms. I deeply treasure each one God gave us. To care for, prune, nurture and grow. We always knew it was a high calling to be their parents. They belonged to God and we knew that, we KNOW that.
I had the first, the prayed for one, then the TWO. Oh my goodness what did God think of us? He blessed us with two, something special. The compliment taken seriously and they have wrecked our world for the better, the BEST. The two are amazing, precious, unique, and make our family SPECIAL. How could we be so blessed. I nursed them day and out with all my love lavishing over them, tired, broken, and bent upon giving them the best. The white love flowed from my body and I sacrificed everything to care for them and bring them up. Then the PINK.
Oh the PINK. She is....A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. My hearts song, my joy, my daughter. I've praised God for all my children, but he did something special in Her. Special in a different way with her brown eyes, brown hair, button nose and plump pink lips. Tucked into her tiny body is a spirit as wild as horses and a soul gentle and pure. She insanely sweet and tempered all at once. A wild horse is what I see in her, a mare. She doesn't know she is one, she wouldn't believe you if you tried to explain it to her, she thinks she is a Stallion. Why wouldn't she, she is surrounded by them, yet she's soft, tender, tame, and in the same breath wild, running, growing...She is PINK.
Every time I've held them and pleaded with my mind to capture the moment. Remember, remember, remember. This is the moment I've longed for, birthing children. God knit them in my womb, in His image, from my body, flesh and bone, breathing, thinking, and ready to serve. I've thought of this season since I was small.
Again we are blessed with another. Tiny, pink, naked, nursing...he's perfect. Instant Love. To be able to remember. I ache to remember it all.
“Like a gifted gardener, a mother’s role in nurturing her children is both difficult and delightful. Sometimes we get to enjoy beauty and sweet fragrance, and other times we’re sweating and pulling weeds in the heat of the day.”
Scharlotte Rich from The Promise of a Mother’s Prayers
1 comment:
Chelsea, what a beautiful blog post. I have done the same thing with my babies, trying to "freeze" the picture of the moment in my mind, knowing that I could quite possibly forget it. Your children are lucky to have a mom who loves them so much and works so hard to teach them the right path.
Post a Comment