What a blessing our Family Worship has been. And, as usual, in just the right way and the right time God brought me to a number of wonderful blogs and websites with materials galore for family worship night, even a blog of a family who does the same and provides a multitude of printables and lessons for others to use. I was inspired, encouraged, and blessed to spend time wandering through others lives with their children and their desire to instill Him into their littles lives. Along with these amazing blogs we found that are primarily focused on teaching tots, I found another great website that has all the printables to go along with Seeds Family Worship. I've been frantically saving, printing, pasting, laminating (until the laminator jammed) the things we need to do Family Worship and other weekly learning around the months theme.
Starting in January I have set the theme of Courage and prepared into folders the Seeds Family Worship, "Do Not be Anxious" for the first week, the printables of David and Goliath along with a cute and wonderful book "Will, God's Mighty Warrior, for the second, and "Never be Shaken" & "Crushed" for the last two weeks of January and Samson on the last day January 31st.. Since the Seeds Family Worship will be our last two weeks, I have planned to add to that our first Character Study of Selfishness to the mix. It is a four day study about selfishness that includes memory work, Consequences and Blessings, Activity suggestions, and Discussion Questions. I'm excited to bring this material down to their level and have some fun with it, along with reminding them of what we are talking about.
I know it is important to get into a rhythem, stay prepared and planning ahead with the activities and crafts so that I can always have the materials. Also to be prayerful and meditating on my own time with the Lord so that the enemy does not intrude into our Bible Learning, as he would like to. It seems everytime we try to add time with the Lord to our family life or anything connected to the cross, Satan jumps in and interrupts.
I've started my own commitment of scripture memory in Colossians in a Year and began what I hope will be my Memory Journals. It is a big commitment and I must stay vigilant in my efforts to put God's word into my heart and mind. My prayer is that I might then be more equipped to speak it to others including my children, my husband, friends and strangers when God calls me to do so. To wash in the power of the Word...
this is the heart behind Family Worship and Worship in itself.

No comments:
Post a Comment