January ends with a bang and February begins with some fun and yet again I'm reminded the years pass too quickly. My little girl turned 2, my little guy started holding up his head, smiling like crazy and batting at objects, and Cole lost another tooth (on his own not with the assistance of a dentist) and the twins are quickly approaching 4! What!!!???
The weather, although hedged with some colder days in January, has been amazing this winter and I am so glad because my little kiddos like to be outside. They've been spending a lot of time writing with chalk in the backyard, playing ball with daddy, playing at the park with the neighbor kids, and riding bikes when I can sit out front and watch them.
Brynn has SO MANY WORDS I almost can't believe it. And along with the words comes some attitude, which just allows her to express herself. So we spend many minutes each day talking about speaking nice, no screaming, and trying to dissuade her from throwing a fit!
She is STILL the MOST awesome little girl I know! She recently decided Farts were funny and you can often find her saying, "Ewww, fawted, Gwoss!". Funny what an only girl with brothers thinks is funny and learns to say! Everything is hers. My birthday, my blanket, my seat, my cup, my juice, my shirt, my shoes, my socks, my bed, and I do it are all words spoken daily around here!
Brody and Trace are about to be 4. I can hardly believe it really. I feel like we just moved in sometimes. And when we moved in, they were just born. Now, they are learning to write, playing simple math games, learning bible verses, and TALKING A LOT!!! Even more then when they were 2. What did I do with those binkies?! Just kidding, I love it most of the time. The talking, explaining, creating, imagining, requesting, and expressing that comes from their hearts and minds is most always a blessing. Sometimes I prefer the quiet but mostly I LOVE it! It is just awesome to see them exploring and experiencing their world in a place they feel loved, safe, and confident.
Cole lost another tooth so we are down four teeth right in front! Crazy! He's a trooper and doesn't seem to mind it. The second one was knocked out when Brody hit him in the face. So that is a fun memory for him to have! He was upset with the hit at first and then just really excited to have lost his tooth. They all laughed!
Cole has taken a few Karate classes, thanks to my mom, and seems to enjoy them. Although he said the other day he didn't want to go again, I think he will go once he realizes what that means. I has been showing off karate moves all over the house. Below is a picture of him in his new bathrobe (again thanks to Gram), singing Hey Soul Sister while he Karate chops the air outside! Gotta love it.
We've started rearranging the house to accommodate Homeschooling, which we will start this summer. We've ordered and received desks, chairs, and are putting the final touches on the area. I'm super excited to have a plan in place and to have begun preparing. It is A LOT of cutting and laminating but I'm blessed to be able to do it! Usually with a little baby strapped to my chest in his Moby arms and legs dangling while he sleeps.
We are just really enjoying the time right now. Justin, although out of town a lot and sometimes feeling pressured to get everything right, has been so great about helping me prepare for home school and get things situated. He's so supportive and encouraging and for that I'm grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment