NCS Tax Credit Donation

Happy 4th Birthday

Happy Birthday Brody and Trace!

They are officially four years old. We spent Saturday morning bowling with them for the first time, eating pizza, and popcorn and jamming to some great 90's tunes at the bowling alley.  It was a great time. They laughed and carried on.  Their balls seemed to roll down the alley SO SLOWLY but they didn't mind.  Hitting the pins is all that mattered!  Even Westin got to enjoy bowling with the boys!

We headed home for presents and cake with Grammy and Pappa and the kids were thrilled and blessed by family.    

We decided this year to skip the birthday party and spend their birthday together as a family. Justin has, for a long time, wanted to keep their birthdays a little more quiet and focused on our family and doing something special together.  He has pointed out that the day will come when they will ask to have parties with their friends and we should do as many birthday's together as a family as we can.  So, we planned a day out with them and us and had a great time. 

They were excited for cake and they knew we'd gotten them some very specifically chosen gifts suited to their favorite things, pirates and knights!  We really got to focus on them this time instead of having the chaos of the party.  It was really nice.

Here are some shots of the festivities and the beginning to another year! 

Oh, they wanted to keep the bowling shoes...so funny!Someone should sell kids bowling shoes for normal wear. They LOVED them!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Hey Chelsea, I can't believe they are 4 already. I remember seeing them for the 1st time and they were barely crawling. Looks like they had a great day ;)

I enjoy reading your blog, its a blessing

Lisa said...

The look SO happy and joyful, Chelsea! Actually, everyone does! What a wonderful day, and I think it's awesome that you kept it just family. It's beautiful. You guys are beautiful... can't belive the boys are 4!

Dina K said...

What a fun day and a great way to celebrate! I think Justin's idea is a good one. Our family loves bowling together and I can see from the pictures that yours does too!