NCS Tax Credit Donation

The Sand Slipping Away

I think about an hour glass and the time we get to spend with our children.  It slips so quickly and no matter how I try and hold my hands beneath the sand it just keeps going.  Slipping through my fingers and landing softly beneath layer upon layer until someday all the grains of sand will have passed through the funnel and my children will be grown.  

I've been committed to a year of forming New Habits and one of them is praying for my children.  I've posted this prayer here along with daily prayers using Warrior Prayers ebook  It has been amazing to read this prayer each day (some days inevitably are missed but I've given myself Grace as a part of the lesson in imperfection).  It reminds me how much I love them and how desperately I know they need Him (above all other things).  As their mother I want to reflect Christ and turn their hearts towards God and I, through prayer, can kneel at God's feet with praise knowing He hears my cry and is moved by it.  

I remember as I pray to hold them close, protect their hearts, shelter their minds without creating naivety, and never making the growth and learning of my children someone else's job.   To steer their ship towards Christ, putting off the standards and expectations of the world and making His truth our own in which we discern all things.  

This is not an easy task and the world is fast at hand to distract and dismember those committed to Christ.  We desire to hold fast and keep the course.  Only prayer can make this so for we cannot do it on our own power.

So as my little guys close another year and the days of being 3 years old quickly slip away I'm thankful for these precious pictures of my children snapped by a friend at a birthday party.  They are so handsome, sweet, and filled with joy.  I hope to never forget.



No comments: