NCS Tax Credit Donation

Letter to Westin

Westin,

You are fast approaching a year old and I'm both mourning you leaving your infancy and excited for what the future brings.  You have been such an amazing little boy and a wonderful addiwtion to our family.  God knew exactly what our family needed when he gave you to us.  A purely wonderful gift.  

God has given you a content little spirit and a joyful heart. You are always happy and find almost everything fun and entertaining.  You are excited when your brothers and sisters play with you and love to be entertained.  In these past months you've come to love balls, cars and trucks, and music.  You love to clap to the beat and to be sung to.  Singing almost always make you calm down and listen.  You love music, more than any of the others.

You spent your early crawling days belly flopping instead of truly crawling.  You sure learned to move fast while you were flopping all around the house.  Then you finally learned to get up on your knees!  Hallelujah!  But....oh...what....you don't use your right knee. Instead you use your right foot. So, you have this adorable, fast as heck, one kneed, one foot crawl!!!  It is the cutest thing.

You love to laugh and be tickled.  You totally get humor and teasing...I love it! Now, you are walking along the furniture and sailing through the house wherever you want to go.  You are a wonderful pointer, with your little precious finger, and a strong communicator with the things you want.  Although, against all my attempts to teach you signs, you would much rather point and moan.  But, it's okay, I'm your mommy, I know what you want my little boy.

You are a fabulous sleeper, minus the waking at night to nurse part, and always wake up happy and ready to tackle the day.  Such a sweet blessing.

Westin, I love you.  I'm so blessed to be your mother and to have you join our family, full of love and a lot of chaos at times.  But, it is what the Lord has given to us and we embrace the calling to  be parents of an abundance of children.

I pray for you Westin. I pray you will follow and know Jesus, the one true, sacrificial God.  That He would call you and stir in you a passion for His work in your life.  Your father and I worry not about what you will do with your life but rather who you will serve.  That will then lead you towards a path of what to do, what skills He has given to you and what He wants you to do with those skills.  We know the path is not always straight or easy but we pray you will hold fast to Him through all the wanderings this life may offer.  We pray you will be a leader, a hard worker, faithful, diligent, dedicated, and a good husband with a good wife, and a father of God's blessings that does Him honor.

God has given you a special place in this world and we know He has big plans for you.  I love you son, so much words can't even express it.  I'm beyond grateful for your healthy, loving, happy, joyful, adorable, precious self.

It is a special thing to be part of a big family and full of lots of love.  You are part of what makes us so special.

No comments: