I just love this little boy. My first, my special Cole. From the first time I felt him wiggling in the womb, I knew he was strong willed, mighty, a leader. I spent many hours praying the Lord would build up in him a warrior for Him, a leader with steadfast character.
Although his flesh often battles this calling on his life, I can see in him a strong yet tender leader (I catch glimpses of it from time to time.) I see the things he is most driven by, the things that captivate his attention, and although there is a war waging inside of him as to what he will serve, I can see Christ pulling him, calling him, moving him to dedicate himself to the things of God.
It isn't easy to be the First born son of four other siblings. It also isn't easy to be the mother of boys. It's a high calling God has placed on me. To raise Warrior men, who serve the High King, who love unconditionally others more than themselves, so they might one day be husbands and fathers of their own.
Whoa...I often question my own ability to this job. Then I realize, I don't do the job. Christ does the job through me. I so often and I mean often, fail to remember who is in control of my children's faith and future. I am only the vessel by which Christ will captivate their hearts.
I waste so much time "trying" to do my best instead of humbly allowing God to transform me so He might also transform my children. To talk about Him when we walk, when we lay down, to write it on the walls, and to live the Gospel as a living, breathing, thing. To make life's wonders about His Glory.
Well, with each birthday I'm reminded how much I long for him to grow into an amazing young man and how quickly the years seem to be slipping. But, God knows his future, God knows his heart, his real heart. Not the one frustrated or distracted by his brothers, but the person he is when no one is looking and who he will grow to be.
That simply leaves prayer on my part. I recently spoke with a woman whose children I find to be amazing and incredible. I asked her how she did it. She told me simply Prayer. This has sunken deep with me.
I'm going to post some birthday pics then below write down a simple description of the Biblical character Justin and I have chosen to relate to Cole. The goal is to pray the character and qualities of this person of God over Cole that he would be transformed to be more like him.
Cole took 3 good buddies Bowling for his birthday!
Father, I pray for Cole to be like King David (both as a boy and a man, the warrior that defied a Giant and the one who ruled a Kingdom). Build in him a Noble leader and a passionate, unashamed worshiper that will lead to an intimacy with you.
Place in his heart a devotion and faithfulness to God even when life take place in the desert or a cave. Place in him a tenderness and strength, and warrior mindset to wage for Christ. Help him to serve people and rule as a leader who points to Christ.
I pray that he would be your Beloved, Father, that he would be a man after your heart, anointed by the spirit, found in your presence, protective, dedicated and selfless.
Father keep his from a wandering heart, a love of worldly belongings as David plundered his victims and sought his own satisfaction in Bathsheba. And just as you did with Bathsheba and Solomon, use Cole's sin for your Glory.
Drive in his a repentant heart, a humble fear of You, and a desire to walk the narrow path. Refine him Lord in your fire.
King David was:
The biblical King David of Israel was known for his diverse skills as both a warrior and a writer of psalms.David was the eighth and youngest son of Jesse from the kingly tribe of Judah, also known as God' Chosen People. The name David means "beloved". David's life went from the desert, the palace, the cave the kingdom. He was a passionate, unashamed worshiper of God. God had David anointed to succeed Saul and "The Spirit of The Lord came upon David from that day forward." David was skilled enough to slay a Lion and a Bear but tenderhearted and repentant enough to write Psalms. He was a keeper of Sheep; sacrificial, protective, dedicated. David grew in stature, favor and respect among the people (Isrealites) and God. David, in obedience to God, showed mercy to Saul so God's plan could be fulfilled. He became a Noble leader of the people, fulfilling God's long-suffered plan. David stood in God's presence at the foot of the Ark and fulfilled God's covenant and promise with Abraham. He was utterly devoted and Faithful to God. David was the Father of Bathsheba's son Solomon, known to be one of the wisest men in biblical history. God used David's sin for His Glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment