NCS Tax Credit Donation

Chicken Pox

What kind of blogger would I be if I didn't note the right of passage every child experiences...well not really these days because of Vaccines, but I'm talking about Chicken Pox.

Oh yes...we intentionally exposed our kids to Chicken Pox (low tone of judgement can be inserted here, it's okay I can take it).  Of course if you know us at all, which you would if you were reading this blog, I assume, you know we are strongly ANTI Vaccine.  That is quite another blog and would take a lot of fun resources I have to share and research showing how concerned we all should be with Vaccines, but Ill save that for another time.  

What you really need to know is this.  Our children are routinely given Vit. C to support their God given immune systems.  We also us Essential Oils to enhance their natural bodily strength.  We have avoided vaccines almost completely (my oldest had the most, never more than 2 at one time, never unessential vaccines and he hasn't had any since about 6-7 months old when I came to my senses concerning the risk and the harm.)  Our other children have not had any.  We don't use hand sanitizer routinely, I barely make them wash their hands most of the time, although they bathe on a regular basis and our house is very clean.  They are rarely given antibiotics (in fact I can think of the times for all 5 put together on 1 hand) and we rarely use OTC medications.  We tend to let fevers do their jobs and I have breastfed every single one of them for over a year and my younger ones 2 years.

This is all critically important to me for what I'm about to share with you:  We BARELY got the Chicken Pox.  I mean BARELY.  I exposed the kids to the CP from a friend.  Her son had a good amount, it was definitely a strong Virus and we were good and exposed. I thought for sure, we'd get a good response and the kids would be miserable.

Sure enough...Brynn was first.  Almost 18 days after exposure she ended up with about 10-12 spots. Then another 18 days later Trace broke out with about 15 spots.  Cole followed Trace with another 15 spots or so, and finally Westin.  He ended up with the "worse" case of CP although his was mild in reality.  It was only worse because his spots were slightly more obvious as they were larger in size, a tiny bit more itchy and he had about 20 instead of 15.  Brody...never broke out at all. Even after 4 other kids, in our house, had Chicken Pox. None of the kids had any of the tell-tale spots on the belly or a fever either. Westin had a mild fever of 101 for 1 day.

It is a lovely miracle. To me a true testament to natural, God given immunity, and our body's ability to fight off infection all by itself.  

Now, I'm not saying that if they had had it any worse the above statements wouldn't be true.  They still would have survived, their bodies would have fought the virus effectively and we'd be here to tell about it.. No harm no foul.

But, I am ecstatic that they are able to be a great example of how wonderfully equipped our bodies truly are.

I only ended up with one picture of Westin.  They came and went so fast and there were so few that you wouldn't have noticed them in a picture of any of the other kids  You'd have thought they got bit by mosquitoes.

So here he is, in his Chicken Pox glory at 22 months old!  

Praise God for his Creation!

IMG_1480

No comments: