This year has been a harder year than the several before. This year, more than any other year, I can see the striking difference between girls and boys. She's always been my sweet, gentle (although wild fire), little girl. She's been compliant, joyful, happy, and loving. This year, something shifted.
It just wouldn't be fair to the purpose of my blogging to glaze over the challenges this year and just talk roses and honey about my precious girl. Although my love for her grows with every passing day and I appreciate so much how the Lord has woven the story of our lives and only given us one, stinkin' cute little girl, man are girls tough.
I've had a difficult time in the past six months of her being 3. It seems she's more strong willed, more devious but in a quiet way, a lot more whiny and yet cuter and more adorable at the same time.
She truly is a special little girl. So smart and quick witted. She sees everything going on around her and pretty much enjoys everything she gets to do, besides eating the food I make!
She is funny and can be a very sweet and loving sister. I think it's finally hard for her being the only girl. She's still at that age where the boys are afraid she's going to mess up their play and their toys, but she so desperately wants to be included in their plans.
She can be a very loving and wonderful older to sister to Westin and then in the blink of an eye, she can control and manipulate his play and overpower him. This just means I am putting out a lot more fires than a year ago and mediating a lot more.
She sings to Westin at night as we lay them down for bed. She often helps him play and guides him through imaginary play with her. She calls him her "best buddy". Westin and Trace seem to get that title most often.
I think it's a back and forth right between finding her voice in our family and yet remembering to be kind, gracious and sweet. It would be easy to let her get away with everything but I just can't. So, we try to help guide her through finding her place while holding her to the same standards of behavior as everyone else.
But, those big brown eyes....make it hard.
I just love her to death and thank God for her in our lives. She's too precious for words.
For her birthday month, she got to go to Disney on Ice, have cake and a few presents the Saturday after her birthday at the bowling alley, and received a pretty pink dress from Grandma Stacey.
I just love this princess crazy, pink loving little girl. She's all mine!



No comments:
Post a Comment