We've added the weekly celebration of Shabbat to our schedule, which is awesome but also requires more organization and planning on my part. But, the reward has been awesome as we learn about God from the OT and the wonderful picture He created for us through ceremonies, feasts, and traditions. The kids have loved every minute of it.
We have been busy schooling, which is typical, but we also added the k12.com school to our schedule for Cole so he would qualify for PLUS donations with the tax credit. It's been more work but also fun to see how far ahead he is in comparison and to have him be excited about that as well.
If anyone was considering the k12.com school, I actually think it's pretty good. They sent me 4 large boxes of materials. I will use them to supplement what I already have. Phonics, Art, Spelling, Reading, Handwriting, Math, Science, etc., it's pretty thorough. It's definitely a cheap way to get curriculum and the online work is great for kids. I think it's actually pretty good. I would just supplement with Bible and Christian History and leave out Evolution, which hasn't come up yet in this curriculum.
I am still doing to side projects, websites and graphics along with some cheer programs that bring in some extra vacation money for us. God is always faithful to bless us through those things when we need it.
I set my husband about redoing the kitchen just before Christmas. It is SLOW going but it will be awesome when it's all done. The painting is done, which made a huge difference and now to the cabinets and countertops. Whew...with only weekends to work on it, it makes it a long process. I just hope to be done before this little boy arrives.
No comments:
Post a Comment