NCS Tax Credit Donation

The Rabbi

I just have to post about this because it was so special and unique to this child, my sixth precious gift.

I have always dreaded circumcision and in some ways I wish I hadn't started and just left them in tact the way God made them.  But, we decided with Cole to circumcise and since ours are all so close in age we have continued to do so with each additional boy.  We've not ever had problems but I will say I walked in on a scene I didn't love with Westin.  Before the Dr's had brought them to me and they were all wrapped up and I could nurse, etc.  It wasn't so traumatic.  But, with Westin I went back into the room and there was blood everywhere and he was screaming.  It was pretty alarming for me.  He settled down and I nursed him. It was over. 

Well this time, the pediatricians office told us she couldn't do it, because it was a little twisted.  So they referred us to a urologist.  My neighbor recommended maybe looking into a Jewish Rabbi.  I hadn't ever thought of that before.  She took some time to look it up for me and to find one locally.  I'm so thankful she did that.  

I called up Rabbi Semol and he said he'd take a look at Beau and determine if he could perform the circumcision.  So, I took him over there 7 days after he'd been born to be examined by the Rabbi.  Sure enough, he thought it was a small twist and he could perform the procedure.  So, I turned him over, walked outside for 2 minutes, so I couldn't see it happen, and came back in to....

Surprise, a calm baby, barely crying, no blood and a perfectly circumcised baby!  PRAISE GOD!  I nursed him, comforted him even though he wasn't crying, paid the Rabbi and was on my way.  They were so kind and so lovely. 

I wish I'd thought to do that 8 years ago.  It was amazing.

So, Beau is a baby of firsts!  First encapsulated placenta, first homebirth, first Rabbi (Moyel) circumcision, first baby with three names...wow the firsts keep coming and he's my 6th baby.  Pretty amazing little man! You are special.

No comments: