We decided in the beginning we were going to put it out there...Cole attending NCS...and see what G-d would do, both financially, spiritually, and our own confidence in the decision. We sent out letters to friends and family and began the process of attempting to see if tuition could be met. The Lord knew full well we could not do it on our own and so we were taking a step of faith.
Our friends and family were so faithful to the nudging to donate their AZ State tax dollars towards Cole's education. People I never expected to donate did and that blew our socks off (well my socks off).
Cole is now in his second full week of school and seems to be loving all the academics, the teacher, the kids, and so much more. As always, there can be a tough transition into a new place. All the kids that have been going there know each other and being the new kid can be tough in some ways. Add to that the fact that he has not just not attended NCS but he hasn't attended ANY school and so he is learning how to engage the kids, make friends, and find his way. I know the Lord has a special friend picked out just for him. In the same way I prayed and trusted the Lord would pick the right teacher for him, as there was no clear choice for the best teacher.
(insert from original post: Cole does have a friend of a friend in his class. Nixson, his long time friend, has a friend, Cole (also) in his class. He is hopeful they too will become friends. We have a playdate arranged so they can get to know one another, thanks to Nixson.)
(insert from original post: Cole does have a friend of a friend in his class. Nixson, his long time friend, has a friend, Cole (also) in his class. He is hopeful they too will become friends. We have a playdate arranged so they can get to know one another, thanks to Nixson.)
We have been praying in the car each morning for his day. I have attached a bible verse to the visor for him to read before he exits the car. The hope is to drive the HOPE of Christ deep into his heart so he feel confident, loved and ready to take on the day.
It has been nice for the younger children as well. Of course we all miss him terribly, he is the oldest, most helpful, the leader and friend. But, it has been good for the twins, so far, to have some one-on-one time together to play and be buddies. Usually one of them is playing with Cole.
I have had more time for the little ones and also for myself. That is refreshing as well.
It gives a nice structure to the day but also some flexibility. I have actually been enjoying our new schedule.
Mostly, I just love those kiddos, and I'm so proud of Cole for taking on a new adventure and I am liking the time I get with the smaller ones. They grow so fast. I don't want to miss it and I want it to be full of adventure, love, fun, and learning.
Cole's First Day of School
If you'd like to help us continue to send Cole to school next year and quite possibly the twins please go here for the 2013 donation form for AZTO.
You can also find out more information here at AZTO's website and to donate ONLINE.
Remember, you are just re-directing your AZ Tax Liability, which is a dollar-for-dollar credit come April 2014. So, it doesn't hurt...it only helps!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment