I just LOVE our family pictures and somehow our photographer, who is all of 23 years old, manages to capture some adorable moments of our crazy family.
There are several guarantees I can expect when it's family picture time: 1. someone will be stubborn and try to not smile (and I don't mean the baby). 2. someone will be tired. 3. I will break a sweat. 4. Everyone wants to sit or be held by Justin. 5.Someone (or a couple) of kids will oversleep their nap on this day and we will have to wake them. 6. I will struggle to decide what everyone will wear and inevitably leave it up to chance that it all comes together, after buying some of us new clothes to make it all work (and I'm not a great accessorize-r). 7. Bribery will ensue...you smile...YOU WIN SOMETHING! 8. Encouraging manipulation might occur: "if you smile we can send these pictures to grandma and grandpa and they will love them soooo much!" 9. Everyone will be done taking pictures before me. I will want to catch every single possible angle and everyone else will be ready to go! 10.He (the photographer) will manage to get at least a dozen perfect pictures in the chaos.
I don't know how he does it, but his lighting in impeccable, timing is great, and in a flash of a second (ha, like that little pun), he gets all their personalities.
I always tell them I'm not too worried about getting the baby smiling, it's hard to get your typical size family to smile...6 kids is darn near impossible. But, we got lucky and in so many pictures the baby was at least looking at him and the camera and although we didn't quite catch his amazing little smile, we did get is precious little face. Then, the photographers girl friend managed to put him to sleep mid-shoot, so we had a few snaps with him sleeping. So precious to me. His little feet and his little face.
I had to load in all my Favorites, because they are just awesome. As the kids get bigger I am just amazed to see them grow. And, although, on some days it is difficult to remember how incredible they are over the noise, tired whines, and bickering, they truly are MY GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT.
You can also view it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment