She has such a unique place in the world and her purpose and position are certainly exceptional. I'm sometimes not sure what to do with her. To be honest. She is innately different from the boys. She's creative, emotional, demanding all while being loving and sweet.
Well I've always understood boys. I think I was meant to be a boy mom. Being friends with boys was always easier. Hanging out with boys was always more fun (growing up that is). So, being her mommy, the mommy to a precious daughter is something I didn't see coming. I should have...right..everyone has a daughter at some point right?! I mean what were the chances we'd have 5 boys...
She is petite, precious, tenderhearted, emotional, sneaky, sometimes demanding...she is simply HER. She is her own person, created in G-ds amazing image and she stands her ground in ways that sometimes inspire me and sometimes inconveniences me!
She LOVES her daddy. Right now at age 5 he is the top of the list. She loves to wrestle and tickle with him (something they call rough house) and she'd give anything to snuggle with him uninterrupted.
She is a TINY, petite little firecracker. She can stand up for herself, sass talk you if you're pushing her, and make sure someone knows she's being bothered.
She LOVES to laugh and giggle and be wild. She has an extreme amount of energy.
She LOVES to play house but often lacks participants. It's so cute when the boys decide to play with her!She LOVES to pick the TV show. It's not surprising because most of the time she doesn't get to. There are just too many boys to compete with.
She is ALL GIRL. She loves pink, purple, dresses, dress-up Princess dresses, sparkly shoes, tappy shoes, SHOES, and pretty much NEVER wants to wear jeans.
Now, that being said, she is also perfectly fine with getting DIRTY. She will wear jeans if we are going camping. She LOVES camping. and S'MORES...mostly campfires and s'mores. She loves hiking, the dunes, riding bikes, running around barefoot, and playing in the hose. She can SHED the girlie stuff in a heartbeat for activities she loves.
She pretty much NEVER remembers to put on those shoes she LOVES when we leave the house. It can be infuriating but it's also a little bit cute. It's one of those things we'll remember and look back on with laughter. But, today...it's crazy. Nothing like pulling up to the store with a daughter who forgot shoes. Ain't nobody got time for that!
She HATES me doing her hair. She's all prinecessy but could care less about her hair being done. She'd rather it be a train wreck and a bag of tangles. Anything to keep me from combing it and putting it up. But, DADDY can comb her hair after a bath no problem! It's a conspiracy I think.
She LOVES her Baby Brother and would give her right arm for a SISTER. I'd love to make that happen for her someday. I'd love to adopt a little, precious, girl who needs a family and Brynn would be over the MOON!
She is a PROFESSIONAL MIND CHANGER. She's hungry...no she's not really hungry. She wants Cheerios...not she doesn't really want Cheerios. She wants PB&J...no...after four bites...she's not really hungry. She wants to watch Strawberry Shortcake...after 10 minutes (barely half an episode) she's flipping to another show. I've never experienced anything like it. It still blows my mind sometimes.
She LOVES music and dancing. She's a twirling master and recently discovered toe touches. It's pretty cute and I can always count on her fabulous dance moves when I put the music on.
For MOST of her young life so far she's been confused as to what to call her female parts...I think we've finally convinced her she doesn't have a "penis" and that hers has another name! (Is that TMI? I thought it was a cute little factoid of an only girl among boys).
She LOVES to play with girls. Any girls...big girls, girls her own age...hopefully this will translate into her being a good friend with girls in the future (which I think I was lacking as a younger gal).
She ONLY likes like 5 foods. Cheese Roll Ups, Chicken, Go-Gurt, Chips, Apples or Pears...Oh and anything that can be dipped in Ketchup and Ranch. I'm sort of exaggerating but it's pretty close to the truth.
She's SMART as a WHIP and schooling her will be an easy task. She's ready now but I'm not quite ready to devote a lot of time to that. But, next year as the twins go to school, I'll have lots of time for her and I and I'm excited about that!
She MIGHT always want what someone else has even if there was no interest on her part 5 seconds before.
She recently started doing chores for an allowance and her first expenditure at a baseball game was for a TENNIS BALL!?! What? It was so weird. But, she bought it herself and she was so proud of that! Her second purchase was a water bottle (like a plastic bottle of water) even though we brought water and there is a drinking fountain...that one I didn't quite get also. Needless to say, I watch her spending a little more closely now!
She has a PRECIOUS little face with bright eyes and an adorable little smile! I LOVE HER.
My hope is that as she grows and we get to spend time together doing "girl" things that we will have a special friendship I don't have with the boys. I'd love to take trips with her, laugh with her, cheer her on in her activities, and relish in every moment of being her mother. I can't wait to one day watch her have her own child and experience the joy of being a mother. Mostly, I pray I can somehow, through my human-ness, point her towards Jesus and help her find her greatest value in being HIS daughter.



No comments:
Post a Comment