What better way to spend the Day than knowing we have another precious baby on the way. We are very excited and I'll tell you the story so there's no questions-of course there are always questions but we'll try to answer some of them now.
I nursed the twins until almost their 14 month. They were boobie babies for sure and they did not want to give it up. Finally, they let me go. It was a bittersweet week as I realized they weren't babies anymore! Until this time I hadn't received my cycle. On April 10th, I got a surprise-one that no woman desires but all experience. My cycle began. So, last time, after Cole, it took one cycle and I got prego with twins. I wasn't sure about this time so I knew we needed a plan of action. Either we were doing nothing about getting pregnant or we were done. After many days of contemplating and discussion we couldn't come to an agreement. Justin said he was happy with 3. Out of respect, I tried to get on his side of the fence! For days we prevented pregnancy while I tried to acclamate myself to the idea of being done. Finally I told him, I jsut couldn't be done. I felt very strongly about having one more. It was a tugging on my heart I couldn't explain. It doesn't make logical sense to anyone. It is more expensive, more organization, we have twins, are we crazy, what if it's a girl and then things are so different, can they all fit in our car, etc. The list can go on and on, right?! Well, I defy logic and trust the Lord above that His logic is better than our Logic. So, Justin and I agreed that the easiest thing to do was come to a compromise. Now, let me say that it isn't that Justin doesn't want more children in the essence of creating children-he was just happy with 3-so having another one is always a blessing for us! I want to be clear. Back to the compromise-the deal was that we would go this first month and see what happened and if nothing happened we would consider ourselves done! I know that doesn't leave much room for divine intervention but we all know that even with birth control pregnancy can happen so, we put the results in the Lords hands. Low and behold...PREGO in the first month. What a joy to know we will have a famliy of 6 and I think after this, we're done! Maybe.
We spent Mother's Day at the park with my parents, my sister and her boyfriends parents from Tucson. The kids had a blast and it was a fantastic day together. They played at the splash pad, dug in the sand, swung on the swings, and ate sandwiches. I'm blessed!
1 comment:
congrats on getting preggo! i'm sure your boys will be really good big brothers.
(totally not a random blog stalker... i saw your link on my brother's blog. i think {maybe} you're related to my soon-to-be SIL Kaity)
Post a Comment