NCS Tax Credit Donation

Baby #6

We are excited to announce we are having baby #6!! It is always an awesome feeling to know that God has chosen to bless our lives with another precious, probably crazy, wonderful little person. Each time you wonder how your family was ever complete without them. We of course get asked often if we are crazy, or if we know what causes it, or why? The answer is simple. In every instance in scripture God refers to children as an abundant blessing, a gift, a reward, from the Lord. It is so contrary to the world an the current culture's thinking in which children are viewed as a burden, an ornament to our lives, an accessory...I'm going to carefully watch my words because debate is not something I desire to stir. But, we can see examples of this thinking permeating our culture at every turn. We feel strongly that there isn't anything more important that God would want us to be doing with our lives. Working, careers, personal goals, achievements, awards, vacations, private school, college, activities...all of those fall second, or even third to raising up children who Love and serve God. It was the first direction he gave to Adam and Eve, again the first direction given to Noah and his family after the flood, repeatedly stated throughout the Old Testament. Children as a blessing, a gift, a reward to those who follow Him. They may be difficult, challenging is sometimes an understatement. Demanding sacrifice, they can often make us feel we've robbed ourselves of some "greater joy." We disagree entirely. Not that we aren't often tired, or as of recently somewhat stumped as to how to address new, unpleasant behavior. We ARE. It is hard work. But, the reward is unmeasurable. Mostly, because it comes from God. It reveals to us our own sin, our depravity, our need for a Savior. He allows the children to sharpen us for His Kingdom. There is a greater purpose that ourselves at work. Does this mean I think everyone should have 6 children? No. It doesn't. I do think the culture, even the Christian culture, has gravely missed the mark when it comes to their view of children. We aren't to leave out the calling of the Lord towards Orphans as well. There is MUCH need here...MUCH. So MUCH I'm not sure where I fall into the plan and purpose of God regarding Orphans. But, I know I do. I have a stirring in me that is yet to be cleared. Time and prayer. I'd love to share with you this post: Cultivating Home and challenge you to consider a biblical view of children. We are EXCITED for number 6. No less excited to find out what we are having, no less excited about the journey. The children are excited which makes it all the more beautiful!

No comments: