I took the children on a hike near Easter Sunday at a local church nearby. They have an awesome Trail to the Tree and I thought the children would benefit from making the hike up to the cross.
I'm pretty sure, even though I clarified, they might think Jesus actually died there. I'm okay with that right now if it allows for the experience to real to them. To see the sheer size of the cross and to discuss the difficulty it must have been for Christ to carry the cross up the hill.
I was able to ask simple questions to encourage them to consider how great this act of sacrifice was for them. They always amaze me with the things they understand. The challenge is to get the "coins to drop" from their heads to their hearts.
This is the task I pray God is able to do through me.
Aren't they precious walking the trail, looking up at the cross and sitting in the tomb?
Ah, to die for those babies!
No comments:
Post a Comment